Some reasons why our “Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded Delivery System” features so highly in ophthalmic surgical procedures:
- The “O&O mdc” Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System consists of a removable Lens Rolling System (LRS), moulded from biocompatible copolymers, which is designed for use in tandem with our EasyShooter IOL Injector and MonoGlide cartridges.
- In the Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System, the Lens Rolling System is made up of two parts.
- Lens Rolling System, Part 1 is designed, once assembled and preloaded with the IOL, to be stored in an Isotonic Buffer Solution in the “O&O mdc” holster, which is then heat-sealed with an aluminium lid. LRS Part 1 is then ready for your preferred sterilisation method (Usually Steam or Gamma).
Note: If using Steam, please remember that sterilisation has to have an appropriate counter pressure, at least during the cooling phase...
- Lens Rolling System, Part 2 incorporates the “O&O mdc” special “Gliding Agent”, which is also found in the MonoGlide cartridges. It can be sterilised by means of EtO or H2O2 Plasma. Depending on your packaging methods, this can give an expiry date of three to five years.
- The combined Lens Rolling System, by means of a simple mechanical action, folds the IOL into the optimum position and pushes it through the Lens Rolling System into the MonoGlide cartridge.
- As with all “O&O mdc” products, the Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System is both extremely practical and cost-effective, with the additional benefit of being exceptionally easy to use.