The “O&O mdc” Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System
Under International Patent #WO2010028873 Protection
Some reasons why our “Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded Delivery System” features so highly in ophthalmic surgical procedures:
- The “O&O mdc” Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System consists of a removable Lens Rolling System (LRS), moulded from biocompatible copolymers, which is designed for use in tandem with our EasyShooter IOL Injector and MonoGlide cartridges.
- In the Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System, the Lens Rolling System is made up of two parts.
- Lens Rolling System, Part 1 is designed, once assembled and preloaded with the IOL, to be stored in an Isotonic Buffer Solution in the “O&O mdc” holster, which is then heat-sealed with an aluminium lid. LRS Part 1 is then ready for your preferred sterilisation method (Usually Steam or Gamma).
Note: If using Steam, please remember that sterilisation has to have an appropriate counter pressure, at least during the cooling phase...
- Lens Rolling System, Part 2 incorporates the “O&O mdc” special “Gliding Agent”, which is also found in the MonoGlide cartridges. It can be sterilised by means of EtO or H2O2 Plasma. Depending on your packaging methods, this can give an expiry date of three to five years.
- The combined Lens Rolling System, by means of a simple mechanical action, folds the IOL into the optimum position and pushes it through the Lens Rolling System into the MonoGlide cartridge.
- As with all “O&O mdc” products, the Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System is both extremely practical and cost-effective, with the additional benefit of being exceptionally easy to use.
- The MonoGlideMini cartridge allows the surgeon to control the IOL injection via a sub microincision of only 1.70 mm and 2.20 mm, subject to the surgical technique used. This is, however, conditional on the elasticity of the hydrophobic material used.
- The MonoGlide cartridge, depending on whether the surgical technique used is docking or traditional, enables the surgeon to make a microincision of between 2.00 mm and 2.60 mm.
Using the Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded Delivery System:
- Remove the sterilised LRS, Part 1, from the holster, (Fig.1).
- The viscoelastic solution is injected through the central “VISCO Hole” onto the Security Blocker, (Fig.2). For efficient viscoelastic dispersion, place the canula tip perpendicular to “VISCO Hole”.
- Remove the Security Blocker (Fig.3).
- LRS, Part 1, preloaded with the IOL, slots onto LRS, Part 2, which is already clipped directly on top of the Injector body, (Figs. 4).
- Simply slide the glider down to drive the pusher forward to fold and load the IOL into the MonoGlide cartridge, (Fig.5 & 6).
- Remove the combined LRS from the Injector body and use the EasyShooter Injector as a normal, lightweight IOL Delivery System. (Fig.7).
- Gently push the injector stopper until it touches the viscoelastic and the IOL.
- Apply slight pressure to glide the viscoelastic and the IOL into the cartridge barrel.
- Drive the IOL through the cartridge funnel, (Fig.8).
- Insert the cartridge tip into the incision and towards the capsulorhexis.
- Deliver the IOL into the patient’s eye by applying an even pressure on the push button, (Fig 9). Push the lens through slowly and monitor the release of the IOL from the cartridge carefully, finishing before the yellow elastomer stopper reaches the end of the cartridge tip.
- The “O&O mdc” Hydrophilic IOL Preloaded System can be individually packed in single or double blisters, to ensure perfect sterile conditions. This affords an ease of use and provides a means for excellent presentation to your clients.
- IOL manufacturers can choose consecutive methods of sterilisation for their own IOL inside the Preloaded System.
The “O&O mdc” “Hydrophilic IOL PRL Delivery System” is available in a variety of colours.
For any queries or comments, please contact:
Cinzia MEUNIER, Email: email@example.com
Thank you for choosing the “O&O mdc ” Hydrophilic Preloaded IOL Delivery System.