The “O&O mdc” Ertalyte® Mandrels
For DAC ALM & MLC Series
Ertalyte® Mandrel made for IOL manufacturing with DAC lathe:
Ertalyte® is an unreinforced, semi-crystalline thermoplastic polyester based on polyethylene terephthalate (PET-P). It is manufactured from proprietary resin grades made by Quadrant. Grinded to perfection at the lowest tolerances, the mandrels are used and machined by a DAC ALM lathe or MLC Combo machine equipped with “Dead Length” collet.
Made to facilitate your IOL manufacturing process, the O&O Mandrels will allow you to use water soluble wax.
Manufacturing process using O&O ERTALYTE® Mandrel :
- Take an O&O Ertalyte® Mandrel (1) and lathe it as a collet on DAC lathe (2);
- Heat the mandrel to 65°C and place the cold 16.0 mm blank into the mandrel, which will be held in place by contraction.
- Lathe (4) with a 15.8 mm seat, then mill (5) the blank from the back side.
- Take a O&O Ertalyte® Mandrel (6) and lathe it as a mirror image of the back side of your lens (with a 0.02 mm gap for wax) on DAC lathe (7), then drill a 3.0 mm hole for wax overflow;
- Heat the mandrel to 65°C and dispense water soluble wax on the first side of the machined blank (9) and place manually the two mandrels face to face;
- Deblock automatically, using the outside groove on the first side mandrel,
- Place the second side mandrel with its waxed blank in the DAC lathe (10),
- Lathe (11) the front side of your lens,
- Deblock your lens by any method.
Please contact O&O mdc for any IOL process inquiry.
For any queries or comments, please contact:
Cinzia MEUNIER, Email: email@example.com
Thank you for choosing the “O&O mdc” Ertalyte® Mandrels